Tuesday, December 30, 2008

You're kidding me. No?


I often find myself purchasing things for Evan that I want. This Christmas I bought him 2 books for myself:) One was full of Science experiments and the other was the Guinness Book of World Records 2009! Yup, I love Guinness (not the beer) as much as Where's Waldo:) This one came with 3D glasses which make for an exciting adventure!! I'm going to share a few of my ever so interesting findings with all 2 of you that actually read this... Hold on to your seats!!!

- Mayflies have the shortest lifespan. They spend 2-3 years as nymphs at the bottom of lakes and streams and then live as little as one hour as winged adults. There's one reason we should be thankful:)

- The rarest bird is the North American ivory-billed woodpecker. In a year long expedition only a single male specimen was discovered. Sad:(

- The largest species of rat is the slender-tailed cloud rat of Luzon. Yes, the Philippines. This tree-climbing rat measures almost 3 ft. 3 in!! I wonder if they eat them??

- If our tongues were as long as a nectar bat's, we'd be able to lick our toes while standing upright!! I know some people who would enjoy that too much. Haha.

- Heaviest man ever was estimated to weigh 1,400 pounds. No comment.

- Most toes and fingers on a living person is 25.

- The most expensive haircut was performed by Stuart Phillips from London for a mere $16,420.00! Forget that, I'm getting a new car!!

- The greatest confirmed age to which any human has lived is 122 years 164 days by Jeanne Calment of France.

Alright, enough for now. Stay tuned...

No comments: