Sunday, July 13, 2008

Roller Derby fun

It's been a dream of mine to be a derby girl for some time now. I really just like the aspect of roller skating and getting a little roughty. The outfits look like a good time too:)

Anyway, yesterday a few friends and I decided to check it out. We went to the Olympic oval for the festivities at 7:00, grabbed a quick beer, and sat in the front row (which happens to be the floor). It was absolutely freezing in that place. Duh, there's ice surrounding us, we could have purchased a blanket but they were 40 bucks. No thanks.

I didn't know much about the game, but with Shane's help and a pamphlet, I got it figured out fairly quickly. It was a good time. Salt Lake Shakers won by a landslides.

Try outs are in the fall. Which gives me plenty of time to brush up on my roller skating skills and put together a fabulous outfit...




2 comments:

Cindee said...

awww i would love to join your roller derby crew tooooo!

Supercords said...

Dang it, you beat me to the punch. I'm posting my roller derby blog right now. I'm gonna steal one of your pictures. Feel free to steal any of mine :)