Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Tampa Chronicles...

I truly pray to the Lord that no one from my company reads this...


I went to Tampa for business Thursday morning, along with a few female co-workers. I was responsible for Lisa and I ALMOST missing the plane. I HAD to stop for coffee!!

We reached Tampa and it's wonderful 80 degree weather around 4ish... We checked out our awesome digs, then met in the lobby for a Meet and Greet at 6. Turns out, we weren't even supposed to go to that. Oh shit I thought....I can see a crazy time coming on:) I was correct!

We caught the first taxi and asked him to take us someplace "cool", with tattoo parlors and bars. Within minutes we were in Eybor. One of the coolest little spots I've been to in a while. First stop, tattoo parlor. I already knew that I wanted Evan's name on my knuckles so I was set to go. Lisa got a "bat" on her foot. No...not a baseball bat, the other kind. Brandie did some Chinese lettering on her neck, and Summer (it was her first time), received a tribal design of sorts on her upper arm.
Of course, I had a crush on the the artist that did mine.





We checked out the sex shop next door, then got some grub at this quaint little sandwich shop.



After checking out a few lame bars we ended up at a hip hop club. Imagine that. That's where it was all goin down I suppose. We paid a 10 dollar cover and had free drinks the remainder of the night. Not too shabby.


Brandie and I showed some lovin...







I'm sure we showed those Floridians how we roll here in SLC:)

We miraculously made it back to the hotel in one piece! Crashed on the elevator for a bit, then headed to Lisa's room for one last drink. Wasn't happening I guess. We all woke up with full glasses of wine and beer within reach.

We all made it to our meetings one way or another. But most importantly, Lisa and I were able to find our car at 10 o'clock at night after getting on 3 or 4 wrong shuttles. Thanks to moi again...

5 comments:

Supercords said...

My business trips and your business trips must live in completely different universes. Glad you made it back safe. (except for the emotional scars, of course)

Cindee said...

Omg Holly!! I cannot believe you kissed a girl! Hahaha!

I'm telling Thanh!!

Anonymous said...

That was definitely the most interesting business trip ever, and if someone from Corp reads this, I will deny everything!!! Oh, and searching through every airport parking lot was amusing in it's own little way.
Can't wait for Chicago :)

Holly ( the bad daughter) said...

Look out Chicago:)

jen.loves.unicorns said...

hey nerd.... here's my new blog:
thedrunkenunicorn.blogspot.com
I WUV YOU!