Sunday, June 15, 2008

Chalk

Yesterday was quite eventful for me. I woke up at 4:30am, got dressed, woke up Ev, then headed downtown to babysit Teagan. Her awesome mommy was going to do a 25 mile bike ride for diabetes. About 5 minutes after Jen and her friend walked out the door, little Teagan woke up. So basically my day started at 4:30.

I did all I could to occupy Teags and Ev while trying to get myself ready for the day. Take a shower; put in a movie, brush my hair; find food, get dressed; play dolls. It was very interesting doing girly princess things. As much as I enjoyed making Teagan happy, I'm happy I had a boy. I was always quite the tomboy growing up so I didn't even know how to "play dolls."

My initial plan was to go to Farmer's Market. That plan failed, so we ended up at The Gateway for a chalk art contest. We had a great time, some of the artists were amazing. They had a plethora of booths giving out free shit. Teagan got her hair spray painted with green stripes and a big pink glitter star painted on her cheek. Evan opted out (that's my boy).

On our way back to the car Jen had called letting me know she was home. Perfect timing. I think both were ready for a hefty nap:)

Anyway, I snapped a few pics. Enjoy.






4 comments:

Supercords said...

What, no green streaks in your hair?

Holly ( the bad daughter) said...

Nope, no green streaks for me. Maybe like 20 years ago...

Cindee said...

wow, i don't know how you can wake up at 4:30AM. that's amazing. i haven't done that in years.

Lisa Marie Trent said...

wow you win the "best friend" award because I told Jen "no" the second she mentioned "5:30am".

It looks like you had a fun day though, I'm bummed I missed the chalk festivities.