Sunday, June 8, 2008

My BABIES!

So, I went and looked for a townhome/condo/apt today. I knew of 2 neighborhoods that would suit what I was searching for. It' s all about the location. Not that of which I would prefer to reside, but rather what area would save me more on gas money! I have put 110 dollars into gas money over the past 7 days!

Anyhow, I drove around the first community and did not find a single place for rent. About 20 places for sale, but I'm not in the position to buy right now. The second area produced 1 single place for rent. I called while parked in front and set up a time to check out the place...You see, I felt like if I didn't call asap, I would lose all opportunity.

I met up with the owner at 4. The exterior revealed nothing of the treasure inside. The place was gorgeous! It's a 2 bedroom 3.5 bath, with a fully finished basement. Coming in at over 1700 square feet. Pergo flooring, immaculate carpeting and paint job, not to mention a little fenced in yard with a Tuff Shed out back.

I was sold! My son was ecstatic as well. He would even have friends in the hood. I told the guy that I wanted to fill out an application and move in soon! He seemed to be happy to find a renter as well.

One of my last questions should have been my first. "What is your pet policy?"

"None, no pets at all!"

My heart sunk. I wanted to cry. Seriously. I wasn't too concerned about getting rid of Poppy, our 2-3 year old guinea pig. I was concerned about our kitties!!! I can't get rid of them...or can I? What would I be willing to sacrifice for the perfect location and price? I don't know. I'm in crisis mode right now...

1 comment:

Supercords said...

So many thoughts going through my head right now, I'm not sure which one's to post.

First off, you have to do what's best for the two most important people in your life, you and Evan.

Second, voodoo and the other one won't give you a second thought once their new owner opens up that can of food.

Third, look on the bright side. You'll save a fortune on pet food, vet bills, kitty litter, cat toys, etc. Plus, no more cat hair and dander floating around.

Is it showing that I'm a little excited at the prospect of your new cat free lifestyle?

I'll take you and Evan to the pet store to pick out some nice fish. I doubt the landlord would have a problem with them.