Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Yucky Things.


I found a book of my sons that drew me in right away. It's The Encyclopedia of Everything Nasty. Yup. I'm a sucker for all things filthy (maybe that's why I date who I do). Go figure.

Brace yourself...I'm going to share with you some of these findings. Some are quite disturbing.

Leeches.
1- There are monster leeches that reach up to 3 FEET LONG. No joke.
2- If several leeches attach themselves all at once, they can suck out so much blood that your body can no longer function.
3- In a single hearty meal, certain leeches can eat enough to last them 9 months. Ladies, imagine not eating the whole entire time you were preggo!
4- They are neither male nor female. Eeeewwww.
5- Some leeches have mouths with 3 jaws! AND, they have 4-10 sets of eyes!!!

Worms. My closest friends know that they are one of my biggest fears!
1- There are over 20,000 types of worms and some can be up to 40 FEET LONG!
2- Their bodies are segmented (attached pieces). That's just wrong.
3- You can freeze an earthworm solid and it will not die as long as you thaw it slowly. OMG! Someone try this. I dare you!
4- A female roundworm can lay up to 200,000 eggs in a single day! They can sometimes be found on unwashed vegetables. If ingested they will hatch inside of your body! Naxzty!
5- Hookworms can enter your body through the tiniest of cuts on your feet! From there they will travel to your intestines :p

Alright. I'm done. I couldn't handle anymore. On a completely different note. I did some research on PETA. Ethical treatment of animals is something I will write about some other time. I'm just completely appalled by some of the shit I read!! Good night guys:)

2 comments:

Cindee said...

EWWWWW!! I am sooo going to be anal when washing my veggies now!!

Very interesting facts though!

Supercords said...

I had a few leeches become attached to me once in Thailand, but they weren't very big. Not as big a deal as I thought it would be.