Tuesday, June 17, 2008

In training.

So I deemed today mental health/pool day for Ev and I. Some people may think of me as a bad parent for not only allowing my son to miss school, but coming up with the idea and actually condoning it. I DID think it over before bringing it up to Evan. And...it ended up being a wonderful bonding time for us.

Aside from our, for the most part wonderful day, there were a few upsets at the pool. Most people might go un-fazed, but not I...

Evan jumped into the pool, and within 2 minutes (no joke) the lifeguards start blowing their whistles and shouting "Get OUT of the pool!" Then they leave us hanging for a good ten minutes. I thought it was a routine check, but I was mistaken. Someone finally got on the loudspeaker to announce the reason for everyones abrupt exit. Turns out, someone pooped in the pool. Yup. Now I know this happens, but the Draper pool requires all kids have swimming diapers AND a plastic cover over it! How in the hell did shit escape? They then proceed to inform us that this was not an infant or toddler! Sick! We were also reminded to make sure to remind our children to use the restroom every half an hour or so. Seriously? If your non-diaper wearing kid has accidents in the pool, and needs to be "reminded" to use the restroom...then there's probably a little something else going on upstairs.

My other problem involved some obnoxious teenage girls who chose to camp out right next to Ev and I. All I will say is that I had a good "come to Jesus" talk with them...


3 comments:

Supercords said...

Holy crap!

Literally.

Holly ( the bad daughter) said...

haha, no shit. literally:)

Cindee said...

totally gross...i don't think they should even have diapers in there!!

sounds like a fun day though :)